COVID -19 Policy Overview
The AniFest team is committed in the fight against the spread of the Coronavirus, and our team's primary intent is to reduce the transmission risk of COVID-19 for all, especially those who are not fully vaccinated and fully vaccinated but immunocompromised persons, in the absence of other protective measures, like physical distancing requirements and capacity limits. We will implement the Los Angeles County of Public Health's order to allow Businesses, schools, and other activities to remain open while at the same time putting in place certain requirements designed to (1) limit transmission risk of COVID-19 and (2) contain any COVID-19 outbreaks.
To participate and attend AniFest, you must follow our COVID-19 guidelines!
Face covering requirement
All attendees must wear a face covering while indoors at AniFest.
Proof of Vaccination
The following are acceptable as proof of full vaccination status: 1) A photo identification of the attendee and 2) their vaccination card (which includes name of person vaccinated, type of COVID-19 vaccine provided and date last dose administered) OR a photo of a vaccination card as a separate document OR a photo of the attendee's vaccine card stored on a phone or electronic device OR documentation of the person’s full vaccination against COVID-19 from a healthcare provider.
Pre-entry Negative COVID-19 viral test result
Pre-entry negative testing is testing that must be conducted within 72 hours before event start time (both PCR and antigen are acceptable). Results of the test must be available prior to entry into the event or venue. The following are acceptable as proof of a negative COVID-19 viral test result: 1) A photo identification of the attendee and 2) a printed document from the test provider or laboratory OR an email or text message displayed on a phone from the test provider or laboratory. The information should include person's name, type of test performed, and negative test result (date of test must be within prior 72 hours).
The AniFest team will be working towards implementing the following recommendations from the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health:
- Assign staff to remind all guests to wear face masks while on the premises or location.
- Encourage everyone to get vaccinated when eligible.
- Facilitate increased ventilation of indoor spaces (i.e., open all windows and doors to increase natural air flow), following California Department of Public Health Interim Guidance for Ventilation, Filtration and Air Quality in Indoor Environments.
- Encourage everyone to sign up for CA Notify as an added layer of protection for themselves and the community to receive alerts when they have been in close contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19.
- Convey the risk of attending large, crowded events where the vaccine status of other attendees may be unknown to the individuals.
- Convey the risk of attending large, crowded events for populations that may not currently be eligible for vaccination or may be immunocompromised and whose vaccine protection may be incomplete.
- Encourage all venues along any parade or event route to provide outdoor spaces for eating/drinking/congregating to reduce the risk of transmission in indoor settings.